Pool Time for the Family-Keep it Safe to Keep it Fun. This is a guest blog. The opinions expressed by the author in this and all guest blogs are not necessarily those of Ocala Screen and Patio.
Pool Time for the Family-Keep it Safe to Keep it Fun
Before you and your kids can have untold hours of family fun under the sun, you do want to ensure that everything is ready for swimming this season and, more importantly, reinforce safety at all times. This way, pool time really is a fun time, and you and your family are certain to reap the amazing privileges of this beloved pastime. Let’s break it down with some easy tips and resources brought to you by Ocala Screen and Patio.
Best for Family Fun
Swimming is as fun as it is beneficial to one’s health. For this reason, it’s one of the best activities that the whole family can partake in.
- Swimming can be enjoyed as early as infancy according to Baby Chick.
- It’s a beneficial pastime for the entire family.
- There are even great games to add to the fun, playing, and bonding together.
- Swimming lessons ensure your kids stay safe and have fun. Business Insider notes that there’s an 88-percent reduction in the risk of drowning for kids who take lessons.
Much-Needed Home Prep
Warmer weather means it’s time to bring the pool out of hibernation. But before the family can splash away, make sure that your pool and home are ready to withstand hours and hours of wet family fun.
- As tempting as it might be to dive right in, you have to properly open your pool for the season.
- Invest in a robotic pool cleaner so your pool always stays clean.
- The pool area is a great place to designate as your backyard’s entertainment space, so get creative with how to pipe in music and maybe even a flatscreen TV. Some families enjoy movie night outside so much that they install a projector and a screen to get that “drive-in” movie feel, big screen and all.
- In addition to summertime necessities like sunscreen, beach towels, and flip-flops, be sure you’re ready to be poolside and in the water with swimsuits and trunks. Stocking up on these items can be had on a small budget thanks to online promo codes, cash-back offers, and Old Navy coupons.
Safety Above All
It’s always better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to pool time.
- Parents magazine suggests that a pool safety plan is a must for the family.
- It’s also a good idea to have pool rules in place and really enforce them.
- At the most fundamental level, you’ll need to supervise kids in the pool.
- When kids aren’t being supervised, remove all the toys from the pool, so they won’t be tempted to go swimming without you there.
- Learn some basic first aid and keep a kit available poolside.
- Consider adding a pool alarm.
Having a pool at home can be a wonderful treat for the family, but it also comes with a great deal of responsibility. You must be up to the task of keeping the pool a secure place for your family, as well as keeping everyone safe in the water. It’s a small price to pay for the priceless fun you’re going to have.
Ocala Screen and Patio is your outdoor building and remodeling source for screen room enclosures, sunrooms, pool enclosures, pool cages, decks, patios, lanais, and more. Contact us today for a free estimate on a custom screen enclosure, and start enjoying the great outdoors! email@example.com